Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What Sort of Posts Would You Like to See?

OK, after a full 36 hours and four posts, the survey shows that 50% of the visitors find the site very useful, and 50% find it not useful at all. There were only two respondents, but still I think this is a good time to ask what sort of information would be useful on the blog?

Comments are open. You are welcome to post a comment anonymously or with your name.

You are also welcome to bend my ear at school if you catch me in the halls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the thought and energy put into this blog, and find it organizing and useful to begin thinking in this direction. I'm sure when due dates are looming I'll LOVE this site. My only other comment is it seems the two weblinks both are ultimately by the same guy, and the guy sells science projects. What seems to be interesting science info clicks go right to his website which seems like cheating to me? Buying a science project? I'm new to this but I didn't think we were to buy them, but help our kids develop a question and an demonstration etc. to explore/explain the question. Is this a fluke or indeed is this how we are supposed to do it?

TestTube said...

Anonymous,

It looks like you are right! Unless there are two different Dr. Shawns associated with the site, the scifair.org and sas.org site are run by the same guy!

I have monitored the sas.org site, and can vouch for its value as a science resource. I was a member a few years ago, then renewed it this year. In between, I have read it regularly. I especially like the Wanderings column and the stuff by Forrest Mims.

The scifair.org site does not impress me as much...I do not think I would buy a science project for the science fair! On the other hand, I have not really looked at that site much. I will research it a bit more and post on it again!

Thanks for the comment!